Halloween is almost here! By now you probably already know my love for simplistic recipes. I think creating something seasonal for any possible occasion might be one of my favourite activities. However I also don’t want my ideas to take hours to put into practice. So instead of making a whole teeth cake, I decided to put miniatures on cream cheese cookies. This recipe is not only easy, it also consists of very basic ingredients. Perfect for a last minute Halloween party snack. As always, ingredients and instructions can be found on the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Halloween Miniature Brain & Teeth Cookies
The perfect Halloween recipe for any occasion.
- 275 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 drop Vanilla Extract optional
- 50 g Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 drop Flavouring
- Food Colouring - Red, Green, Black
- Walnut Halves
- Fake Blood
- White Fondant
- Edible Black Pen
- Fake Blood
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, form a ball and place into the fridge for 30 min. Once cooled down, cut into desired shapes and bake for 10 min on 190°C.
- Mix all ingredients together and cover up until needed, as the 'blood' icing will otherwise dry out. For a more shiny result, leave out the cocoa.
- Dip the walnut halves into the fake blood until fully covered. Place on the side for a minute to let any excess drip off.
- Shape the white fondant into little balls. Cut into one side with a knife to split the ball and press the back of the knife into the other side of the ball to make a cross. Place in the fridge for a few minutes for the fondant to dry out. When hard, paint the roots of the teeth black and dip into fake blood icing.
- Pick a frosting of your choice to cover the cookies (I simply whipped up some cream cheese with a bit of icing sugar) and place brains and teeth on top. Finally sprinkle some of the leftover fake blood over the cookies to create a blood splattered effect.