This morning when I woke up and realised I had pressed snooze just one too many times, there was no way I still had the time to wash and style my hair. However when you have an important day out ahead and a ponytail just won’t do, this braided updo is the perfect solution. It looks like I spent ages styling my hair but only takes about five minutes, even without a mirror and works for every occasion.
1. One ‘the day after’ washing my hair I like to always start off with dry shampoo, no matter how I style my hair. Work it through and then quickly brush through your hair.
2. Start separating your hair into four sections and secure them. As my part is quite far to the left my section on the right will be the biggest, but that’s ok as one big braid later loosens up the look.
3. Braid each section. For the front sections you can also start higher, doing a french braid if you preferred to. Next pull the braids apart a bit to loosen them and make them look bigger.
4. Cross over the two back braids and pin them to your head. Then take the bigger front braid and put it across the other two, secure.
5. Finally pull the small braid on top and secure. Try to hide the braids underneath each other. When you have thin hair like me, that might be difficult at times so just hide any showing loose pieces in the end when everything is secured.
6. As I wanted the look to be more casual, I pulled out a few loose pieces on the side. Play around with the braids to find something that suits your taste. Finished!